Wednesday 1 February 2017

Steamed Rice

Recently I learnt something new from a facebook page I am following - that is to cook white rice via steaming... very convenient if you are cooking just a bowl of rice and you know how it is tough to cook just a tiny weeny bit of rice in a rice cooker.

So I prepped my tupperware steamer. I washed half a cup of rice in a corelle bowl, and put rice:water mixture 1:1. I popped it into the steamer for 20mins and I had a nice hot bowl of rice in just 20mins! And it was cooked purrrrfectly!

There are other ways to do this, like boiling soup in the rice cooker (rice cooker nowadays can do so many things), and then pop the rice in to steam. Or popping it into the thermo cooker with a hot pot of soup underneath. So easy, versatile and convenient.


No comments:

Post a Comment