Monday 4 April 2016

IVINS Peranakan Restaurant

Address: 19/21 Binjai Park Bukit Timah Singapore 589827
Telephone: 6468 3060
Hours: 11:00 - 15:00; 17:00 - 21:00 (closed on Thursday)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IvinsPteLtd

Visited on 4 Apr 2016.

I have known this place since I was a little girl, and surprisingly, I have never eaten here till I met my hubby some 10+ years later. I was having piano lessons at Binjai Park and one day we noticed this restaurant had opened below my teacher's house. Somehow, my dad never brought me there to eat, despite us passing by every Saturday and seeing the long queues... I think my piano lessons were till 6pm, which was dinner time.

The food here is value for money... affordable, small portion and will not burn a hole in your pocket. Hubby and I always order their Ayam Buah Keluak, Bakwan Kepiting and Sambal Kangkong... remember to ask the waitress for their belachan chilli as they only serve it if you ask. We also always order their nasi kuning (yellow rice)... which has a faint coconut fragrance.

Today we tried something new, assam pedas... the red snapper fillet they used was very fresh, and on first taste... I was shocked cos the sauce tasted exactly like the ayam buah keluak sauce! How is that even possible? So weird right?

Try not to visit this place during the weekends as the queue is horrible and service will be super bad. Also we have tried the Heartland Mall branch... somehow it tastes different from the Binjai Park one... not too sure why though. Our preference is still the Binjai Park branch.


No comments:

Post a Comment